Top Shopper Based Design Questions from 2020
(Use Cases for Ecomm, In-Store Shelving, and Retailer Sell-In Stories)
VP, Strategic Growth
We did an analysis of the top use cases and business questions our clients reached out to us when it comes to packaging in 2020.
Here are the top retailer sell-in and shopper based design-related use cases where we used virtual observation of shopper behaviour at both physical and digital shelves and then explained that behaviour using implicit and explicit measurements.
If you would like to schedule a demo to see this work in action, send us a note.
- Assortment How can I simplify my assortment to make it more efficient? How should I guide SKU Rationalization?
- Layout How do I optimize shelf layout for maximize category and brand performance? Should I use a brand vs. segment blocking? Vertical or Horizontal Blocking? What is my good, better, best strategy?
- Placement for Innovations How do innovations get placed on shelf for maximum impact on both base business and the launch of new SKUs? Should we place this innovation in a single location/category or use dual placement in-store?
- POS Materials How can we optimize our communications at shelf to drive brand salience using built-in displays? Stand-Alone displays? End-Caps?
- Price & Value What are the messages we should use to communicate value against competitors (price per pound, sales signs, feature vs. regular pricing)? How do we demonstrate more value across our portfolio using price/pack architecture?
- Retail & Category Resets How do we influence the future of the category to grow our brand and grow the category? What is the “Shelf of the Now”, Shelf of the Next”, and “Shelf of the Future”?
- Retailer Equity How does the shopper experience influence perceptions about the retailer and how can we influence this with our portfolio? What is the impact of out-of-stock on walk-rates?
- Omni-commerce What are the shopping behaviours across channels and retail banners and how do we optimize our brand across different in-store and e-commerce touchpoints?
- Path to Purchase: What are the different inputs and outputs of the consumer journey and how do we optimize that experience to maximize a great experience for our consumers while maximizing growth for our retailer partners and our brands?
- Category/Competitive Assessment: What will be the impact to my portfolio from a change within the category from a competitor at shelf?